Immediately wrapping you up in its warm embrace, it’s clear to see and feel this has been a happy and much-loved residence. Home to three generations of the same family for 92 years, it’s now time for a new household to make treasured memories.
From featuring on an episode of Backyard Blitz in 2002 with a deck built by Scott Cam to hosting family celebrations and backyard barbecues, this is a property with many stories to tell. Gordon Prince, the co-owner of Prince’s bus service that used to transport passengers from Hamilton Station to Merewether and Bar Beach raised his children here and would charm the neighbourhood with his beautiful singing voice. This was also the place where all the cousins and friends would congregate and play safely on the long driveway and great backyard.
As solid as the day it was built, hints of original character from its c.1916 heritage include pristine pressed tin ceilings in the hallway and lounge room and cedar ceilings in all three bedrooms. There are hardwood floors under the bright carpets, a corbelled hallway arch, and working transom windows throughout. A 1980’s kitchen and updated shower bathroom are in pristine condition although it’s clear to see what a contemporary renovation will bring. There is scope to extend into the garden or, similar to surrounding properties, add another storey (STCA). Whatever you decide, there’s no denying this is a beautiful family home that’s ready for a modern touch.
A lovely, neighbourly street, the fabulous location puts all of Hamilton’s lifestyle attractions on your doorstep along with instant access to Beaumont Street’s bars, cafés and shopping and just 1300m from the Newcastle Interchange.
- C.1916 weatherboard home on 490sqm north facing block with R3 zoning.
- Colorbond roof replaced 10 years ago.
- Air-conditioned lounge and dining room with gas heating for winter warmth.
- Three classically proportioned bedrooms all with cedar ceilings, one with built-in.
- Spacious 1980’s kitchen with gas stove; shower bathroom with separate w/c.
- Step out backdoor onto deck and level fenced gardens.
- Long concrete driveway to single garage and carport.
- 160m from Beaumont Street, 1300m to Newcastle Interchange.
We have obtained all information provided here from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations and satisfy themselves of all aspects of such information including without limitation, any income, rentals, dimensions, areas, zoning and permits.